Weaponizing government entities returns, with a vengeance
In today’s Twitterverse, the long march has been captured accurately by Iowahawk:
Midterms over, members of a newly-empowered Democrat House majority have made no secret of resuming their attack on our Republic from the institutions that comprise it.
Congressman Adam Schiff, soon to replace Congressman Devin Nunes as head the House Intelligence Committee, is wasting no time signaling his intention to use his committee to attack the Trump presidency and cripple its ability to conduct foreign policy.
He intends to use his position not only to end ongoing investigations into Democrats’ misconduct but to pivot and attack, using the subpoena powers of his committee within the institution of the House of Representatives as his castle from which to demand respect.
What can’t be co-opted (in this case, the executive branch), they will destroy.
Contrast this to the out-of-bounds efforts to expand his predecessor’s executive power, even extraconstitutionally on multiple occasions, and one gets the new Democrat modus operandi: co-opt or destroy.
The Middle Eastern Re-alignment
- Through ending the Iran “nuclear deal.”
- Standing up to Iranian saber-rattling
- Calling them out in front of the world at the UN
- Supporting our historical allies
- Snubbing our adversaries once again
- Recognizing the capital of Israel
- Moving the US Embassy there, etc.,
Thus, the President has made it clear US leadership is back and leading from the front.
Libya: A Warning to Islamic Dictators
The sad reality of international relations in the Middle East is that there are no good guys, just less bad ones.
Democrats have put their marker down in defense of the Muslim Brotherhood and in the overturning of friendly regimes.
Libya is an excellent example of a multi-decade diplomatic success story turned lesson for pro-western, Middle-Eastern dictators.
Libya and Gaddafi could not be used for Democrat purposes, so he was destroyed. Consequently, leaving behind a weak central government and an environment for terror and chaos to thrive.
Later, Libya was used to run weapons through to Syria at Benghazi, enabling the rise of ISIS, but we won’t talk about that…
Tilted Public Perception
Notice that its perfectly fine for his predecessor, President Obama, to order the killings of civilians, and oversee the removal of heads-of-state.
That’s all above board.
We won’t even get into the targeting of American citizens via the IRS, via FISA court abuses.
Nor will we delve into the Clinton Foundation’s complete sellout of American technological secrets.
Nah. No influence peddling there.
No serial violations of the (re-interpreted on the fly) Espionage Act.
That too is above board. Democrats did it; it has to be!
Cooperate or Destroy
Instead, Democrats will attempt to destroy an emerging alliance between a moderating Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Israel against hardline Iran, Turkey, Syria; using the guise of Saudi officials staying at Trump-branded properties when conducting official business.
You see, only Democrats are allowed to wield power.
Nothing will be allowed to get in the way of the Democrat totalitarian gang including:
- The American people in selecting Trump as their president (we’re enemies of the republic for doing so).
- A qualified nominee for the Supreme Court
- Governors lawfully redistricting after years of census results.
- A growing economy where taxpayers keep the fruits of their labor.
- Election deadlines or voter eligibility.
- Laws allowing states to clean their voter rolls.
- The election system itself (in favor of a national popular vote to destroy our republic for a direct democracy).
- The Bill of Rights, the separation of powers doctrine, nor the rest of the Constitution.
Congressman Schiff’s promised “investigation” is but a small part of this larger effort. The executive branch (thus the American people’s choice to run it) could not be co-opted; so it must be destroyed, using other governmental institutions. Take notice as the media promotes and cheerleads all of it, under cover of “press freedom”.